Tag Archives: finished projects 2019

Galaxie by Cecily Glowik MacDonald

September kicked my butt…so it seems the best time to catch up and review the Galaxie sweater that I finished ages ago. (I’ve just checked Ravelry…I completed this on 20th October last year. This review is very overdue.)

Galaxie – the pattern

I loved Galaxie the minute I set eyes on it. I love the cropped sleeve, the draped shape and the ribbed panel up the side. I also really like the neckline on the model. I’ll revisit that later.

(more…)

Arne & Carlos Summer Night Socks

I’ve finished another pair of socks for Dave. This time in Regia Arne & Carlos Design Line Summer Night Sock Yarn, using the usual Regia sock pattern.

(more…)

DIY Dancewear – Jalie 2803 stretch pants and Jalie 2802 stretch bodyshirt

So…if you follow me on Insta you’ll have seen me sewing up dancewear for my wee fella!

He’s recently partnered up with the lovely Lola (whom you may recognise from Baby Ballroom) and they meet up twice a week for practice sessions, and will be hitting the competition floor very soon.

(more…)

Arne & Carlos Moon Night Socks

Hello lovelies. Thanks for your patience whilst we (and when I say ‘we’ I obviously mean ‘Dave’) transferred the hosting of this site this week.

I was listening to the Love to Sew podcast this week (I’m seriously behind so am box-setting it) with the interview of Kate from The Foldline. One of the questions was along the lines of ‘what would you do differently’ and the answer was ‘marry a developer’ (I paraphrase, of course). After this weeks shenanigans I can heartily recommend a husband with mad tech skills. Without him I’m not sure this blog would exist, and I know for sure that my other site would be dead in the water.

(more…)

Helen’s Closet Blackwood Cardigan

So my first finished garment of 2019 hits it right out of the park!

My perfect daytime ‘uniform’. Cute top, jeans, boots and a cardigan. I live in looks like this for everyday life!

Not only am I thrilled with the garment itself, but its made from stash fabric and a stash pattern, albeit the updated version.

(more…)

DIY Dressform Cover – The Reveal

This is the moment we’ve all been waiting for….Maud’s new custom cover is fitted and stuffed.

This has been such an adventure. Both because this was the sewing of something completely alien to me, which stretched (pun intended) my sewing skill set, but also in terms of body confidence and acceptance. I think I need to ponder on that a bit more and revisit it in a separate post.

But for today I’m going to talk about the final stage – stuffing Maud’s cover to look like me.

(more…)