Actually, that’s a typo, it should be ‘gym’.
After months, nay years, of bitching and moaning about my weight, and having added lots more lbs over the duration of the adoption process, even I’m bored of the topic.
So, I’ve gone and done it.
I’ve joined a gym.
I’m equal parts terrified and super excited.
Terrified that I no longer have any excuse for being a bit of a couch potato porker.
Super excited because I no longer have any excuse for being a bit of a couch potato porker, and it’s just an amazing gym…there is:
– an amazingly equipped gym with instruments of torture fitness machines I’ve just never seen before;
– two pools, plus a toddlers pool so Little Stitch can learn to swim;
– lots of lovely fitness classes, like pilates and yoga and step;
– tennis and squash courts;
– enormous and sparkly clean changing rooms;
– a super coffee shop with, wait for it…..
– a children’s ball and play area
So not only can I go and get in shape, but Little Stitch and I can also go swimming together, and on rainy days, of which there are many around here, we have somewhere to go and play.