My lovely IRL and blog friend Lily Kate nominated me for this tag and as I’m still knitting sleeves and have a pile of photos unedited, I thought this would be a fun post to do.
1) What have you always wanted? Did you ever get it, or are you still wishing?
A period house. I love high ceilings and wonky walls, creaky floors and original ceiling mouldings. Sash windows make my heart beat a teeny bit faster. Stone mullions and bay windows are heavenly. Don’t get me started on original fireplaces!
It’s tragic, really it is!
Especially as we currently live in a square, relatively modern house. However….home is where the heart is, and we are so happy here. But we still drive slowly past double-fronted Victorian’s with a wistful expression, and are working towards the day when we pack our little house up for something altogether older and more characterful!
2) If you could be any age for a week, what age would you be?
The age I am right now.
My twenties were hideous. My thirties, exhausting.
My forties have been just fabulous, and, Saga comments aside (I’m looking at you, Mr!), I’m not that worried about my 50’s.
Getting older surely beats the alternative!
3) What do you find uplifting?
It’s the instrument I wish I could play (but obviously can’t). When I dream music, it’s always the cello. The sound of a cello is just sublime perfection. Just listen to Yo-Yo Ma playing Bach and you’ll see what I mean.
4) What’s the weirdest thing about you?
I don’t like chocolate chip cookies. I love chocolate coated cookies, but chips….eugh! People always look at me askance when I admit this as if I’ve told them I eat my own spleen or something.
5) What’s the first thing you thought when you woke up?
The same as every morning….
“get back to bed you wee beastie/s…it’s not even 6/5/4 o’clock yet”.
I long for the teenage years when they actually sleep in, although I’ve a horrible feeling that Boy will always be an early bird.
6) When was the last time you bought something, and what was it?
Other than food shopping, which seems to constitute most of my life, the last thing I bought for myself was some mascara and eyeliner. I felt decadent even though it was only the cheap stuff. I’m shockingly bad at shopping for myself (fabric and yarn excluded….obviously).
7) Would you rather trade some intelligence for looks, or some looks for intelligence?
Good grief…I don’t think I have enough of either to spare!!!
8) Do you have a strong local accent?
Most Northern folk think I’ve got a slightly Southern accent and vice versa for the Southern peeps. In reality it’s a Lancashire accent with variations dependent on who I’m speaking to, which is a hangover from living in so many parts of the country, and from living in Surrey for a number of years.
9) What’s your favourite line from a film?
“Don’t be a dick, Dick”. Vin Diesel in XXX. Mortifying but true. It’s the one I wheel out most at idiot drivers. I truly wish it was something more highbrow, and am slightly mortified that it isn’t!
10) Have you ever been the subject of a rumour?
Probably…but I really don’t pay much attention to that sort of stuff. And whilst folk are talking about me…they can’t forget me!
Now this is the point where I’d normally nominate a pile of folk to carry the baton on this, but I’m feeling rebellious so I’m going to duck out of doing that. Instead, if you’d like to participate, here are 10 questions for you? Let me know if you use them…I’m intrigued!
1) What would you eat for your last supper?
2) Who would be your ideal dinner party guest/s?
3) If you had 3 wishes, what would they be?
4) If you could change one thing from your past, what would it be?
5) What’s your dream job?
6) Paper books or Kindle?
7) What’s your secret vice?
8) How would you describe yourself in 3 words?
9) You are given an extra hour every day, how would you use it?
10) What’s your signature dish?